We want to make your decision on picking a rangefinder as easy as possible, so we are trying to review every rangefinder that they sell on amazon so you know what features you need and what features you dont need in your first or next rangefinder.
Bushnell Scout 1000 ARC laser rangefinder is one of the products from the famed Bushnell Company. It invents good quality laser rangefinders fitted with modern features that make outdoor events more enjoyable and fun. Bushnell Scout 1000 rangefinder with angle compensation is designed mainly for bow and gun hunting.Check this awesome post about 9 different type of rangefinders for hunting from Rangefindertoday.com. The rangefinder comes in a complete pack with battery, strap and a carrying case.
Key features to find in Bushnell Scout 1000 ARC
- The angle range compensation that makes it possible to figure out how much you need to adjust your shot if you’re on a hill
- It has a 5x magnification with a 1000-yard range. If you’re hunting just about anywhere in north america, 1,000 yard range should be fine.
- It has multicoated optics with rain guard allowing the user to use it under unfavorable rainy conditions
- It has an in-built tripod mount
- Has different modes for bows and guns
- It has built-in inclinometer for measuring angles.
- It has bow mode that provides true horizontal distance from 5-99 yards
- Rifle mode that provides bullet-drop and holdover in inches
- It has a bulls-eye mode that acquires distances of small targets without measuring the background target distances
- It comes with 3-volt CR2 battery pack
- The modes work super cool
- Accurate and reliable rangefinder of all times
- The angle range compensation feature gives clear distant readings
- It is simple to use and easy to carry around especially with the neck strap
- It gives perfect range every time therefore suitable for hunters
- The 5x magnification works perfectly and when spotting targets
- lenses are crystal clear with 5x zoom and diopter adjustment to get the clearest view of your target
- It allows for lower ranging up to 5 yards
- Has a bull’s eye mode that allows the user to range the tiniest targets such as squirrels.
- The brush mode works great .It is able to ignore branches that may be between the user and the target.
- Its battery goes down constantly while not in use. Consider buying extra batteries for replacement.
- Difficult to read display at during low light conditions
- It gives readouts in whole yards and not in fractions or decimals
What do you think?
In general, the Bushnell Scout 1000 fitted with angle range compensation is designed to make hunting much easier. Any hunter is capable of using it, given that the rangefinder is user friendly and easy to carry around. While it might have a few negative elements, these are easy to fix. Its rain proof features also mean you can hunt any time, and in any kind of weather without problems. However, you might have to carry replacement batteries on longer expeditions.
You may find someone better on Amazon.com